Two Bank Holidays by the seaside is most definitely a winning combination for beach walks, ice cream and good times all round in general…..but you won’t want to miss these special events this month either…
1.Open days at Pugin’s Grange and St Augustines Shrine, Ramsgate, 12-15th May- An absolute gem! Explore Houses of Parliament designer, AWN Pugin’s beloved Ramsgate home and his ‘ideal’ church. The house is rarely open to the public so don’t miss this opportunity to see inside an a true architectural masterpiece.
2. Opening Weekend at Dreamland, Margate, 26th May onwards- The park re-opens for the season with lots of new additions and a fresh new look. Check out our blog here to find out what we can expect and make sure you sign-up to Dreamland’s newsletter here to be the first to know what’s going on. Opening times/ticketing info announced soon.
3. Everyday is a New Day, Turner Contemporary, Margate, 27th May onwards- A celebration of the capacity of arts to pioneer change, challenge perceptions and embolden society. Including work by Phyllida Barlow, Michael Armitage and JMW Turner shown alongside teachers and pupils from Kent, Medway and Kenya.
4. Margate Meltdown, 29th May- The 10th Annual motorcycle ride out from Ace Cafe London. Thousands of bikes, cruisers and scooters line the streets of Margate, plus stalls and entertainment.
5. Spring Spectacular, Ramsgate, 29th May- A whole day of family entertainment! Aerobatic displays, Trials bike displays from Danny MacAskill and his team of the world’s best street trials riders and more!
6. Bandstand Concerts, Broadstairs, Various dates- What’s better than enjoying a traditional concert beside the sea with an ice cream in hand? Nothing!
7. St Peter’s Village Tours, Broadstairs, 18th & 25th May- Costumed tours of a charming village stacked full of history. You won’t believe some of the stories you’ll hear on this fantastically funny and professional tour.
For the full events listings and further inspiration check out www.visitthanet.co.uk